Applications for our 2019/20 residencies are now closed, thank you to everyone who submitted.
We received a large volume of high-quality applications, so please be patient with us whilst the panel asses them over the coming weeks.
Please note that due to the number of applications we are not able to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
We expect to notify successful applicants w/c 11 March 2019.
Good luck to everyone who applied!
A month-long residency at The Art House will be awarded to three artists.
The opportunity includes:
- Artist’s fee of £1,500
- Materials budget, up to a maximum of £750
- Travel expenses, up to a maximum of £250
- Free accommodation in our flat, within The Art House building
- Complementary studio space at The Art House
- Access to our print studio with screen print, etching, and laser cutter facilities
- An opportunity to show either a new body of work or work in progress created during the residency in our exhibition space
- 1-2-1 support from the programme team in producing, developing, and discussing your work and critical practice. We will talk with selected artists prior to the start of the residency and work to develop a programme of support which suits your needs
We are happy to discuss how the offer can be changed to suit your needs. Proposals from artists who would like to work collaboratively with another artist will be accepted, although the fee will then be shared between collaborators.
Films documenting the experience of several of our previous resident artists can be found in Films by TAH.
Each residency will run for five weeks and culminate in an exhibition, event, or series of events in one of the following slots:
29 April – 31 May 2019, with a public event on 29 May 2019
1 July – 2 August 2019, with a public event on 25 July 2019 (sculpture focus)
2 March 2020 – 3 April 2020, with a public event on 25 March 2020
As the July residency will be happening during the Yorkshire Sculpture International festival, we are keen to work in this period with an artist whose practice is particularly concerned with sculpture.
Who can apply
Proposals from artists working in all types of media are welcomed. This opportunity is not open to undergraduate students, or postgraduate students who would still be studying during the residency dates. (Some exceptions can be made for PhD students).
Artists do not have to be UK residents to apply, and can be based overseas.
All applications will be reviewed by the programme team at The Art House.
Deadline for submissions: Friday 15 February 2019, 23:59
Submit an application
Head to CuratorSpace for more information about residencies at The Art House and to submit an application.
If you need to apply in a different format for accessibility reasons, please contact The Art House.Apply now