Handbuilding Ceramics: Four-Week Course
02 November 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
£190 per personBook Now
Delve into the traditional ceramic techniques of handbuilding. Over the four-week evening course, you will be guided step-by-step through a variety of handbuilding processes.
Each week you can practice the technique and create your own unique piece. Your teaching artist will be on hand to provide support and help you maximise your skills and development.
At the end of the course you will be able to select your favourite pieces and have them glazed and fired in our kiln. These will be available for collection three weeks after the course.
Techniques you will explore
- Pinch pots – using this method you can create delicate and intricate pieces.
- Coiling – using this ancient method of building you will learn to make winding and circular form
- Press Moulds – experiment with press moulds using surface patterns and designs.
- Extruding – Using our extruder you will use these forms to create a complex and exciting piece.
- 02 November 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 09 November 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 16 November 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 23 November 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
Who is the Workshop for?
This course is suitable for adults who are complete beginners or for those who wish to refresh their previous knowledge. You don’t need to feel confident in clay to start this course as all aspects of the medium are covered.
Do I Need to Bring Anything?
All equipment and tools will be provided for you as well materials to explore all processes. We recommend wearing old clothes or bringing an apron in case you get a bit messy! If you have long hair we recommend tying it back.
Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Workshop and course bookings can be cancelled and refunded up until 7 days before the scheduled start date. Our workshops support the work we do as a charity, and because materials and equipment are ordered in advance, we regret that refunds cannot be offered less than 7 days before the workshop date. Please note that Eventbrite’s booking fee is non-refundable.
Bookings cannot be transferred between courses however bookings can be transferred to another person in the event that you are unable to attend on the day.
In the event that The Art House needs to cancel a workshop for any reason, for example, due to tutor illness or if lockdown measures are put back in place your ticket will be refunded in full.