Cancelled: Introduction to Printmaking: Six Week Course
22 February 2021, 18:00 - 20:30
£125 per personBook Now
Explore a range of different printmaking techniques on our beginners six-week evening course.
Learn how to use the tools, materials and equipment to get started in printmaking.
You will be guided step by step through the processes in a friendly studio environment.
- Monoprinting – using stencils, shapes, pattern and simple drawing techniques you’ll produce a series of different A4 prints using our large etching press.
- Collograph – using tape of different texture and shapes you’ll build your own collograph plate to produce an edition A4 prints.
- Lino Printing – using a soft cut lino, you’ll carve your own block to produce an edition of A4 prints using our Albion press.
- Screen Printing – using paper stencils and the photographic emulsion method you’ll produce an edition of 10 screen prints onto A3 paper.
There will also be an opportunity to explore the techniques you most enjoy and you’ll learn about printmaking terminology and relevant contextual artists. The emphasis is on exploration of the different processes to start your printing journey.
We have made some changes to ensure everyone feels confident and safe to come and join in without fear of catching Coronavirus. Our courses are running with fewer participants to allow plenty of room for social distancing. In line with government guidance we are also requesting that students attend with a mask or face covering.
We hope that being able to immerse yourself with something creative will help to restore a sense of wellbeing and hopefulness as we navigate the ‘new normal’.
If you have any concerns or specific requirements regarding attending a course please feel free to get in touch with us.
- 22 February 2021, 18:00 - 20:30
- 01 March 2021, 18:00 - 20:30
- 08 March 2021, 18:00 - 20:30
- 15 March 2021, 18:00 - 20:30
- 22 March 2021, 18:00 - 20:30
- 29 March 2021, 18:00 - 20:30
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for adults who are complete beginners or those who wish to refresh their previous skills. All the processes covered on the course can be used to explore colour, shape and pattern so don’t worry if you don’t feel confident with your drawing ability.
Do I need to bring anything?
All tools, equipment and materials will be provided including inks, cartridge paper, lino, screens, monoprinting plastic and collograph materials. Feel free to bring along sketchbooks, images or books for inspiration if you have them. You are advised to bring an apron or old shirt along with you to avoid getting mucky!
Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Workshop and course bookings can be cancelled and refunded up until 7 days before the scheduled start date. Our workshops support the work we do as a charity, and because materials and equipment are ordered in advance, we regret that refunds cannot be offered less than 7 days before the workshop date. Please note that Eventbrite’s booking fee is non-refundable.
We can offer the option to transfer to another course or transfer your ticket to a friend or relative in the event that you can’t attend due to Covid-19.
In the event that The Art House needs to cancel a workshop for any reason, for example due to tutor illness or if lockdown measures are put back in place your ticket will be refunded in full.