Introduction to Printmaking: Six-Week Course
18 July 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
£140 per personBook Now
Explore a range of printmaking techniques on our beginners’ six-week evening course.
Learn how to use the tools, materials, and equipment to get started in printmaking. You will be guided step by step through the following processes in a friendly studio environment:
● Monoprinting – using stencils, shapes, patterns, and simple drawing techniques you’ll produce a series of different A4 prints using our etching presses.
● Collograph – using tapes of different textures and shapes you’ll build your own collograph plate to produce an edition A4 prints.
● Lino Printing – using soft-cut lino, you’ll carve your own block to produce an edition of A4 prints using our Albion press.
● Screen Printing – using paper stencils first and then using photographic emulsion you’ll produce an edition of 10 screen prints onto A3 paper.
In the final week, there will be an opportunity to revisit and explore the process and techniques you enjoyed the most.
Throughout the course, you will learn about printmaking terminology and relevant contextual artists to start you on your printing journey.
- 18 July 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 25 July 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 01 August 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 08 August 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 15 August 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 22 August 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
Who is the Workshop for?
This course is suitable for adults who are complete beginners or those who wish to refresh their previous skills in printmaking. You don’t need to feel confident with drawing as all the processes covered on this course lend themselves to great colour, shape and pattern exploration.
Do I Need to Bring Anything?
All equipment and tools will be provided for you including various papers, plates, screens, inks, and materials to explore all processes. Feel free to bring along sketchbooks, images or books for inspiration if you have any. We recommend wearing old clothes or bringing an apron in case you get a bit inky!
For our latest Covid 19 guidelines please click here
If you have any questions or specific requirements regarding attending a course please feel free to get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Workshop and course bookings can be cancelled and refunded up until 7 days before the scheduled start date. Our workshops support the work we do as a charity, and because materials and equipment are ordered in advance, we regret that refunds cannot be offered less than 7 days before the workshop date. Please note that Eventbrite’s booking fee is non-refundable.
Bookings cannot be transferred between courses however bookings can be transferred to another person in the event that you are unable to attend on the day.
In the event that The Art House needs to cancel a workshop for any reason, for example due to tutor illness or if lockdown measures are put back in place your ticket will be refunded in full.