Introduction to Printmaking: Six-Week Course
12 September 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
£140 per personBook Now
Learn valuable printmaking skills to kickstart your practice. Working in an intimate group of no more than eight participants, with guidance from our expert teaching artist, this six-week evening course will help you develop your knowledge of four core printmaking techniques; monoprint, collograph, linocut, and screen printing. Gain new skills, create artwork to take home, and meet other creative people along the way.
Once you have gained skills in all four techniques over the first five weeks, you will have the opportunity to reflect on the course with your group, share what you will take away from the experience, and then revisit your favourite technique. We know you’ll love it – there’s a reason this course has a reputation for being the perfect introduction to your printing journey.
Techniques you’ll explore
- Monoprinting – using stencils, shapes, patterns and simple drawing techniques, you’ll produce a series of different A4 prints using our etching presses.
- Collograph – using types of different textures and shapes you’ll build your own collograph plate to produce an edition A4 print.
- Lino Printing – using soft cut lino, you’ll carve your own block to produce an edition of A4 prints using our Albion press.
- Screen Printing – using paper stencils first, and then using photographic emulsion, you’ll produce an edition of 10 screen prints onto A3 paper
- 19 September 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 26 September 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 03 October 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 10 October 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
- 17 October 2022, 18:00 - 20:30
Who is the workshop for?
This course is suitable for adults who are complete beginners or those who wish to refresh their previous skills in printmaking. You don’t need to feel confident with drawing as all the processes covered on this course lend themselves to great colour, shape and pattern exploration.
Do I need to bring anything?
All equipment and tools will be provided for you including various papers, plates, screens, inks and materials to explore all processes. Feel free to bring along sketchbooks, images or books for inspiration if you have any. We recommend wearing old clothes in case you get a bit inky!
Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Workshop and course bookings can be cancelled and refunded up until 7 days before the scheduled start date. Our workshops support the work we do as a charity, and because materials and equipment are ordered in advance, we regret that refunds cannot be offered less than 7 days before the workshop date.
Please note that Eventbrite’s booking fee is non-refundable, as are any donations submitted alongside a ticket payment. Bookings cannot be transferred between courses however bookings can be transferred to another person in the event that you are unable to attend on the day. In the event that The Art House needs to cancel a workshop for any reason, for example due to tutor illness or if lockdown measures are put back in place your ticket will be refunded in full.