Plan Your Visit
Plan your visit to The Art House
Open from Monday 17 May
We are so pleased to be reopening our building to the public from Monday 17 May. We’ve missed you so much and can’t wait to welcome you back!
Our new Coffee House will be open for takeaways, Monday to Friday from 08:00 and to dine in from 10:00. You’ll find beautiful art work, homewares and gifts in our fabulous shop and our workshops and courses will be back in full swing from June. Check out the full programme here.
Our annual and print memberships will be back with access to the print studio as stated on the Opening hours section of this page. We are also pleased to welcome the fantastic Rainbow Playrooms to our building, offering play sessions, childminder bubbles and more.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
It is vitally important to us that all of our visitors feel safe when spending time at The Art House. The following list is an overview of the safety measures in place for visitors;
- All visitors must wear a face covering when entering and moving around the building, unless they have a valid exemption. Find out more >
- In line with the latest government guidance, visitors can only meet in groups of up to 6, or as a group of 2 households/bubbles (unless an exemption applies). Social distancing should be maintained between people who do not live together or share a bubble.
- All visitors will be asked to provide their details for NHS Test and Trace purposes. For general visitors the most convenient way to do this will be scanning one of the QR code posters displayed around the foyer. Alternatively, Test and Trace cards will also be available. You do not have to provide your information in both ways. Find out more >
- Enhanced cleaning procedures are in place throughout the building.
- No one experiencing symptoms of coronavirus will be permitted to enter the building.
- Perspex screens are in place at our Welcome Desk and Coffee House/Shop counter.
- Coffee House orders will be brought to your table once an order has been made at the counter to allow for social distance to be maintained.
Please do not contact us to ask for further information or details on the measures listed above if you require it.
The Art House, Drury Lane, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 2TE
The Art House is located just 60 seconds walk from Wakefield Westgate railway station. The free city bus connects us to key locations around the city centre, including Wakefield bus station and The Hepworth Wakefield.
Arriving by car
Planning on driving? Click here
Opening hours (from 17 May)
Monday: 08:00 – 20:00
Tuesday: 08:00 – 15:00
Wednesday: 08:00 – 20:00
Thursday: 08:00 – 15:00
Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
Saturday: 09:30 – 15:00
Monday: 10:00 – 20:00
Tuesday: 10:00 – 16:00
Wednesday: 10:00 – 20:00
Thursday: 10:00 – 16:00
Friday: 10:00 – 16:00
Saturday: 09:30 – 16:00
Our print studio is open to members only, during the following times:
Tuesday: 09:00 – 16:30
Thursday: 09:00 – 16:30
Friday: 09:00 – 16:30
The Art House
Be the first to know
Keep up to date with our news, events and opportunities.Join our mailing list