Terms and Conditions
All Membership Terms and Conditions
- All membership subscriptions at The Art House last for a minimum period of 12 months;
- General Membership subscriptions commence from the date of purchase
- Print Memberships (standard and student) commence from the date the member completes their complementary induction with a member of the print studio team
- Membership is not available to anyone under the age of 16
- Membership fees are currently as follows;
- General Membership – £25 annually
- Print Membership – £40 annually
- Student Print Membership – £25 annually
- Upon subscribing to any membership, customers will be able to set their subscription to auto-renew.
- All membership renewals will start from the date of payment, whether auto-renewed, paid early or temporarily lapsed from the renewal date.
- Access to all membership benefits will be subject to the opening hours of The Art House. As standard, the building is closed between Christmas and New Year, Easter weekend, and most bank holidays. Additional closures may apply and it is recommended that members check the current opening hours when planning their visit.
- Membership fees are subject to review and change. Members will receive one month’s notice minimum of any planned changes. Fee increases will be applicable at the point of membership renewal.
- The Art House accepts no responsibility for personal belongings left on the premises. Please ensure all personal belongs are taken when leaving the print studio.
- The Art House is a safe and equal space for all. This means we are an actively anti-racist, anti-ableist etc. space. We expect all members to uphold the same values and treat other members, volunteers and staff with courtesy and respect. Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated.
- The Art House reserves the right to terminate any membership without refund should a member be found to be using unsafe practices or to be in breach of any guidance given, including our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Print Membership (standard and student) Terms and Conditions
- To confirm a Student (inc. Recent Graduates) Print Membership subscription members must be able to provide valid evidence of their current student status (e.g. university I.D.) or evidence of graduating no more than two years before the commencement of the membership.
- This must be for a school, college or university accredited qualification. In the event that this evidence is not provided at the start of the complementary induction, a further payment of £15 must be paid in order to complete the induction and commence the 12 month membership period.
- Print Membership inductions are mandatory and typically last a maximum of one hour. In the event that a Print Membership is renewed following a lapse of membership, a further complementary induction may be requested.
- Print Membership lapses of a year or more will require another complementary induction before the member may use the open access facilities.
- Print members must have a general knowledge of printmaking as well as a good working knowledge of the specific print process/s the member intends to undertake in the print studio. Anyone interested in developing these skills prior to becoming a member should consider the workshops and courses we offer.
- Open access sessions in the print studio are £3.50 per hour paid in half hour increments (rounded up), with a minimum session time of one hour.
- Dates and times of open access sessions will vary based on other usage of the print studio and the opening hours of The Art House. Print members will receive a monthly timetable of activities and availability by email – please refer to this when booking.
- The Art House print studio is not suitable for large scale or commercial print runs. For larger and more complex printing we recommend that members contact us in advance to discuss the requirements.
- By attending an open access session, members are consenting that they have read and understood these terms and conditions of membership, have completed an induction and understand the relevant health and safety procedures for the print studio.
- All chargeable materials used during an open access session must be recorded by the member and payment made at the end of your session, preferably by card although cash can be taken if necessary. Please ensure you come to The Art House with a suitable means to pay.
- All open access sessions must be booked in advance, even if only 1 hour before the booking. Places for walk-ins cannot be guaranteed and priority is given to those who have already booked.
- Members are not permitted to bring guests or helpers (including children) to open access sessions unless they are an inducted member for health and safety purposes. Carers and support workers are welcome; members must confirm how many people will be attending when booking with a member of staff.
- Suitable clothing must be worn when in the workshop as The Art House cannot take responsibility for any staining or damage to clothing worn in the print studio. Open-toed shoes are not permitted and long hair should be tied back.
- Some products and equipment used for printmaking are hazardous. These items will be highlighted during the induction process, as well as guidance on personal protective equipment to be used. The Art House accepts no responsibility for the misuse of hazardous materials and equipment. If in doubt, members should always consult a print technician or other member of The Art House staff team.
- Members with health problems or who are pregnant should make this known to a member of staff so that recommended precautions can be advised.
- Members must leave the sprint studio and equipment clean and tidy, leaving enough time at the end of each open access session to do so thoroughly.
- Inform a print technician or other member of The Art House staff team of any malfunctions or breakages of equipment.
- Members may pre-arrange with a print technician brief storage of prints for drying purposes; typically, overnight before collecting the next day. All prints are left at the member’s risk. The Art House insurance policy does not cover members’ own equipment or artwork, please consider this when leaving work in the print studio.
Last updated: 13 July 2020